My Goals For Writing

  • In my next essay, use more text evidence, and relate back to the story more.
  • Next time I free write, write a fictional story.
  • Use 3 words from the class list on moodle in each piece.
  • In my next piece correctly use a semicolon.
  • Next time I write, try to write something other than a poem.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

This Long Road

Author's Note- One day we did a journal entry as a class starting out with this long road. I took this long road as the road of life with no ending, but writing in literal terms of a road. When you read it don't think of an actual road though, think of your life. Please give me some feedback to make it better, thanks.

Staring ahead
Eyes looking down into darkness,
darkness of the pavement.

Then looking
an inch away from the tip of your toes,
to the bright yellow dashes of happiness and glory.

Although only coming in dashes,
Broken up in the eternity of black

Still surrounded on both sides by a white pureness, keeping you in line,
so you don’t get off track.

 There is no end to this road.

Going on in both directions, for forever.
Not remembering the absolute beginning,
Not knowing an end
Not seeing the end of the path ahead,
If there even is an end.

We have gotten this far already, its not like you can just veer off to the side, over the edge,
as the adventure is almost over,
or possibly just begun.

The sun smiling down over head,
but could turn into a frown at any moment,
But seeming as though that is impossible,
as though the only thing left for this days walk, is the blue sky, and puffy white clouds.

But maybe that is just what I see;
although all that matters, is how I perceive it,
 to get
 where I am going.

When where I am going is no place at all,
 just a race, with no finish line
now I am just at a pit stop, for this moment
along this long road

No comments:

Post a Comment